Image Map

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Practice Smoothie Making

We have been trying to eat healthier lately, so usually we just eat a Cliff bar for lunch, and maybe some yogurt or fruit for an afternoon snack. Both yesterday and today, Jeff and I went to his house for lunch. Inspired by a new blender they just got - we decided to be creative. We made smoothies! (Using our Costco fruit we still have from our fruit-shopping trip last week.)

We may be a little behind the times, because this was the first time either of us had actually made them ourselves before. And they were so very yummy. Yesterday we did strawberries, kiwi, OJ and some crushed ice, then blended it all together. It was a little acidic though, so we chatted about it, and figured out some changes for today.

Our lunch smoothies today were, strawberries, kiwi, a banana, a little less OJ than yesterday, and some cherry vanilla yogurt. Well, and ice too obviously. Today we liked them even better. They were creamier and smoother and just tasted better. I think next time we'll probably just skip the OJ all together, because the kiwi are really juicy themselves.

So I'm considering these last two attempts as Practice Smoothie Making - before we get into the "real deal." I am going to look up a couple of "real recipes" to see how other people make them homemade! I've heard that adding in fresh spinach leaves is really nutritional, and doesn't really make it taste all that different.

After making them today I said to Jeff, "You know - I'm going to want to do this all the time now, right?!" And he said yes of course I would, but he was OK with that, because he likes them too :)

Have any of y'all made homemade smoothies before? Did they turn out super delicious? If so, you should leave me the recipe below, and we'll try it out! :)






P.S. - After this post, I will most likely have a total of 3,000 profile views! Seems like so many! I'm excited to hit (what seems like to me) such a big number :)

No comments: