Image Map

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pounding the Pavement

Yesterday was the first of the month, and I missed a prime opportunity to share some of my goals for the month of July. But that's alright, because today is still a great day to talk about some upcoming goals. June was a crazy busy month because Jeff's twin boys were here for most of the month. And while I was able to accomplish a small number of things, mostly my time was spent enjoying our time with them. For July however, they won't be joining us until the 20th, so that gives me three full weeks of time to focus on some things for me and for the wedding.

And I plan to be in crazy focused mode, doing some of the following fun and productive things....

1. Weigh 179. As of last weigh-in Wednesday, I was at 184, and my goal was to reach 183 by the end of the month. And I did! Now I want to lose 4 more pounds again this month, to reach 179.
2. Clean out under my bathroom sink
3. Do some serious house hunting for our future home!
4. Do at least one thing from my summer bucket list (Tubing at Bear Paw? Antiquing or flea market?)
5. Start training for my first 5K, which is in September, using Hal Higdon's novice training plan below


I seriously cleaned my room out a couple of weeks ago, but now I want to make sure my bathroom is super clean too, and the only way that happens is dealing with the tornado that must have come through under my sink... I am hoping to move into our new place sometime in August, but for that to happen, we have to find a place first! We plan to take a day and just drive around the area we want to live in, looking for 'For Rent' signs, and then we'll go from there. Can't wait to find our future first home together!

And of course I gotta keep up my healthy eating and exercising for the month in order to continue losing four pounds a month every month before the wedding. I have confidence in myself that I can totally make it to 179 by the end of the month....And I'm sure running at least three times a week will be great for that as I start training for the 5K. My plan is to start next week, getting up early and running before work each day. I'd much rather be out there Pounding the Pavement at 6 a.m. in 75 degrees, rather than 6 p.m. in 95 degrees. So here's to attempting early-morning runs for the next two months!

And now for all the wedding-related goals for the month:

1. Figure out flowers
2. Begin working on invitations
3. Decide and pick out grooms wear, and groomsmen wear
4. Set up hotel block for out-of-town guests
5. Figure out honeymoon stuff! I'd looooove to be somewhere like this...


There are actually a LOT more wedding things that we will be working on, but I think those are probably the biggest. And the other things are more boring details, so no one really wants to read about those things anyways. Just know that we will be in crazy wedding planning mode over the next few weeks, trying to get as much done as possible. As of today, we are only 95 days away from the wedding, and it still feels like we have soooo much stuff to do! Ahh! This is where girls go crazy trying to plan a wedding... But I'm attempting not to let that happen.

Looking forward to getting stuff done for me, and for getting as much wedding stuff checked off the list as possible! I love lists and goals and checklists and stuff (obviously,  y'all should know this by now), so I'm really hoping to be able to cross off all of these things by the last day of the month. I'll update you along the way, and then do a recap post on August 1, and hopefully everything will have gotten accomplished. Here's to a productive month ahead! What are some of your goals for the month of July?

4 comments:

Postcards from Rachel said...

Deciding on wedding flowers was the most difficult part for me! Originally I wanted everything to be white, then I decided to roam around the botanical gardens in DC and I fell in love with bright colors. If there's a botanical garden where you live, that will help tremendously!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from the bloghop. I love your blog - your pics are great! Following you now on bloglovin'

Unknown said...

good luck on your race! I was in the same spot (couldn't run to save my life) and now I'm doing 5k several times a year!

Thanks for linking up the to Friend Connect Blog Hop today!

Co-Host // Justynn
Creative Life Antics

Julie Donahue said...

The wedding flowers were the easiest part for me. Since we got married on Valentine's Day, we knew roses were waaaaay out of our price range. But hubby and I both love carnations. We couldn't find a florist who would do our flowers (too much $$$ in cash and carry that weekend!). But we did get someone to make my bouquet and order us 3 dozen carnations. We did the rest ourselves. (And we added to my bouquet because they didn't do it well!)

Julie
http://halfajulie.blogspot.com