Image Map

Friday, April 5, 2013

Packed Full of Fun Times - H54F

It's Friday! And I'm only working a half day today! Hooray! I'm taking off work at noon, so that I can go spend a few more hours with the twins before Jeff has to take them back this afternoon. So that's sad that they're leaving, but I'm excited to spend a bit more time with this today! And even though we were only able to have them down here for a week, we've definitely made sure that this week has been Packed Full of Fun Times, in order to make the most out of it!

But let's jump into High Five for Friday with Lauren now!


1. My sweet little sister sent me "Thank You" card in the mail for her shower gift from a couple weeks ago, even though we live in the same house :) She's so silly, but also so cute. Love you Little!

2. I found a really cute dress to wear for our engagement pictures! It was a toss up between this one and another one, but when put to the test on Instagram and this here blog the other day, this navy one won out big time. Then a friend of mine suggested I wear some bright turquoise jewelry with it, so I'm on the hunt for some pretty turquoise jewelry now!

3. We took the boys to see "The Croods" on Monday night, and then for some dinner at Burger King. And they were little rebels and kept the 3D glasses, because they like when Jeff pops the lenses out. And they look so dang cute in them! (Even though Gabe looks like a goofball up there!) They've still been wearing them all week too :) And the movie was super good too! I would recommend it for us "big kids," even without little ones. It was a really cute movie. Definitely one I'd like to own myself one day!

4. Last night we took the boys to play at Fun Station Jr., because Jeff had bought a Groupon! It's full of tons of bounce-houses and bounce-slides, and also some arcade games. Our friends Josh & Lacey met us their with little Beans, and a family from Jeff's church brought their two boys as well. And they all had a great time playing together! Then us four, and Josh and Lacey and Beans had a fun dinner together at Po'Boys, right across the street, and we also had a Groupon for dinner too!

5. I am officially pre-registered to run my very first ever 5K race!! The Run or Dye is tentatively scheduled to come to Tally on September 7, and I'm so super pumped. Time to start some training I'd say!

The sad news of this week is that we won't actually be taking our engagement pictures this afternoon like we had planned. Our photographer actually lives in Nashville (she's a longtime family friend of Jeff's whole family), but she was down in south Georgia for their kids' spring break this past week, and that's how we were going to do it today. But now she's had some big family medical issues, and needs to be with her dad today. So that's sad news. But, we're already in the process of getting it worked out with someone else. So not to worry, it will still be happening soon-ish!

Tomorrow is the wedding shower for my sister that I'm throwing along with my Grandmother. In the morning, my Mama and I will be doing some last-minute decoration stuff, and getting things ready, and I'm so excited for it! I hope we have a great turnout, and that everything is beautiful :)

I know this will be a good weekend, and I'm excited for all the other fun stuff I have planned! I'll of course be back on Monday to share it all with y'all, duh :) Until then though, I hope y'all have a great weekend too! Enjoy your couple of days off work, and spend some happy time with friends and family!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you like The Croods?! My sister and I want to see it...yes we're like little kids ;)

Becky said...

I wanna see the croods! People at work were cracking up recapping it! Have a great time at your sister's wedding shower!! :)

Kimmyyy83 said...

We might keep 3-D glasses too. It happens :-) Glad yall had a great week together! I am sure the shower will be FABULOUS just like yoU!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

you and Jeff are matching in that picture!

Beth K. said...

That dress is so pretty... I can't wait to see the pictures from your engagement session! :) We're getting ours done at the end of the month and I'm starting to panic about what to wear haha

Positively Amy said...

I love that your sister mailed it to you even though you're in the same house!! I would've done the same because it's THE BEST to get mail!!! : ) And yaay for half days! Hope you're enjoying your time with the boys!! : )

Jodi Runs & Stuff said...

I love that dress! Congrats on signing up for your first 5K! It's going to be addictive and you'll find yourself signing up for more and more!