Image Map

Monday, October 29, 2012

Panhandle to South Florida

This weekend I went to Tampa with my amazing girlfriends, and obviously we had an awesome time!! I took the day off work on Friday, and started out the day at breakfast with Jeff. Then I went home, finished packing, and my friend Nicole (who lives in Pensacola) picked me up around 10:45 on her way through town. We got down to Tampa around 3:30, and were so excited to see our other friends who came from St. Augustine! Our friend Kaley is from Tampa, and so her parents were great host's and welcomed us into their house for the weekend! We did however miss our good friend Jenni, but we're glad her cardboard version was able to join us instead...




Then Friday night, we went to a Rascal Flatts concert!!! Which was amazing. They had three opening bands, and those were really good too. Here's a quick synopsis of the opener's: Eden's Edge sounds really good live; the Eli Young Band was a little boring live; and Little Big Town was so much fun and I had no idea how much I really liked them and their stuff, until this concert! But they were so great, and I really want their albums now. And then of course Rascal Flatts was amazing as well! We just wished they would have performed longer and sang more songs! It felt like it ended too early!


Eli Young Band - in case you didn't notice that...

Little Big Town

Rascal Flatts

Saturday morning we lazily slept in, and Kaley's parents made us a delicious breakfast of eggs, bacon and toast. Yummy. After multiple cups of coffee, we all started slowly showering and getting ready. We watched a bit of TV, made some sammies for lunch, and then we headed down to the Hyde Park Art Festival to walk around and admire the expensive pretty things. We also went to a Francesca's and an Anthropologie, and I bought some presents for some upcoming occasions :)

Sorry for the blurriness of some of the photos - they were texted back and forth from other phones...

Little Werther's booth at the art festival that took and immediately printed out the pictures :)

After that, we just went back home to chill and hang out the rest of the night. We enjoyed spending time on the back porch and just sitting and talking in the nice weather. We eventually played a couple of card games and then Chef Jim (Kaley's sweet dad) made us a super yummy spaghetti dinner. The six of us girls all sat around the candle-lit table with her dad Jim and her step-mom Cathy, and had such a good meal, and told lots of fun and funny stories. Then we played some more card games, told a ton more stories with each other, stayed up until 3 a.m. just chatting, and had such a good time just being together! 

Sunday morning Chef Jim made us whole wheat pancakes, and we watched some ridiculous TV show called "Bridezillas." Whoa baby - that mess is crazy. Nicole and I left around 11 a.m. to make our way back up to the Panhandle. We talked so much on our ride home, we barely even noticed the 4 1/2 hour drive back to Tallahassee! We did however notice the drop in temperature each time we got out of the car on the way back, and were loving the cooler weather! 




All-in-all, it was a very easy-going, relaxing weekend, which was just what most of us needed/wanted. We always have sooo much fun together, laughing and playing games and telling stories, and just being ourselves. Can't wait until November 16th, when we all congregate again in St. Augustine, for Night's of Light's!! Love you girls :)

I hope everyone of y'all had a great weekend as well! Good luck today on this slow-moving Monday... At least the weather is nice here in Florida today!


{Also, at time of posting this, I have 9,898 views. That means, I will most likely reach my goal of 10,000 views (before my birthday in January) today, or tomorrow at the latest!!!!}

10 comments:

Sar said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that y'all have Jenni in all the photos! That's so sweet, and absolutely hilarious!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Stellar of you to take a flat friend along, my BFFs and I do that too.

Sounds like a great weekend!

Brianne said...

looks like you had a really fun weekend!

Andrea H. said...

Love the cutout...too funny! That is an awesome idea :)

SOOOOO super jealous that you went to see Rascal Flatts! They are my absolute favorite!! I saw them in Cincinnati a couple of years ago for my birthday. They put on a great show!

Sounds like an awesome weekend!

Andrea
alhadventures.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Bahaha, love the cut out of your friend! So funny! Love it! And what a fun weekend! I need to go to a concert ASAP, it's been way too long for me!

Jennifer M. said...

i literally have been cracking up with each new picture of "me"- especially in the seat belt, watching tv and pumping gas. i think i have said it a gazillion times but you all are the greatest friends. glad you all had a blast! :) <3

agapelife said...

adorable.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of making a cardboard version of Jenni...it's a cute way to show that you were thinking of her. :)

Kimberlee said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Syndal said...

hahaha fab idea using a cutout photo :) :)

weekends with the girls are the BEST.