Image Map

Friday, September 7, 2012

Pasta Paradise

During lunch the other day, Jeff and I watched part of an extremely mouth-watering show on the Travel Network, called Pasta Paradise. Holy moly - talk about torturous! Seeing all the yummiest looking pastas, and I'm just over here eating a turkey sandwich on a hot dog bun because we didn't have enough bread, and some BBQ Fritos. Oh the torture...

So even though I've never been to any of these places, I'm kind of doing a restaurant review, based solely on a short TV show. Here's some of the yummiest restaurants they showed while I was watching...

1. Bricco - in Boston, Massachusetts. The owner of this restaurant also owns ten other places around Boston, and all of them are Italian! And on top of that, he owns a little shop where a sweet little old lady HAND MAKES all of the pastas, all 50 different varieties! Whoa that's a lot of options, and a LOT of yumminess. Everything at this restaurant looked seriously delicious.



2. S'mac - in New York City, New York. Where all the best restaurants seem to congregate... (This was by far my favorite of the few that I saw, and the one I would most likely visit in real life.) Their specialty is mac-n-cheese, and only mac-n-cheese. But it comes in 12 different varieties! And they all look sooo good. You can get the original version with cheddar and american cheese, or you can branch out into something a little less traditional like Masala or Mediterranean. YUM. Or you can get a sampler with 8 of the 12 in a sectioned-off skillet. This would be my choice, with a friend to share it with of course... My eyes were bugging out of my head at the yumminess, when Jeff casually turned around and said, "Uh, so when do you wanna visit NYC?" I was like "Immediately. Let's go immediately." 




3. Marino - Hollywood, California. Once again, this place looks amazing and delicious. And I mean really, it's an Italian restaurant, that serves a ton of pasta, so what's not to love really? This one's a little pricier, but it's in LA, and I'm just positive that my wallet would go into immediate shock there, so why not just splurge a bit anyways?


Then there were others on the show that I didn't get to see before my lunch hour was over. I'm quite confident however that all of these were sure to look and taste just as wonderful and delicious as the rest of them. Click on their names below to check out the others as well...


Writing about this now and drooling over all of the pictures, I'm of course hungry, and would kill for some of that tempting mac-n-cheese. Why, oh why can't pasta be a health food and make me skinnier, instead of plumper? That's not kosher with me. Can someone work on changing that, please?! And thank you :)

Happy Friday, and happy pasta eating! 

(All pictures in this post were found through Google Images, none of them are my own.)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love pasta! That mac and cheese looks YUMMY! Thanks for making me crave pasta now. :)

Unknown said...

Pastas looking amazing and delicious. I Still remember the taste of seafood Paradise Pasta which I eat at New Orleans Bar and Grill... was so yummy..
http://www.neworleansbarandgrill.com/food/seafood-paradise-pasta-2