Image Map

Monday, November 18, 2013

Pumpkin Pie French Toast

So I forgot to write this post last night like I was planning, because I got too distracted watching the catch-up episodes of "Once Upon A Time" on Hulu. Oopsies! But now we're finally caught up, and we can watch the new episodes when they air each Sunday. So that's exciting!

Anyways, since I'm kind of in a rush, here's a quick weekend recap. It was a pretty chill couple of days, but that's really just what we needed...

FRIDAY
For some reason, I honestly can't remember what we did...not one little bit. I know I cooked dinner, but I don't remember what. I know we watched a movie, but I don't remember which one. Not every night is memorable, but that's OK. I know it was spent enjoying the company of my husband and doggie :) I do know however that I tried out our new air popper machine, and it's awesome. The popcorn comes out so fresh and airy, and there are a million different toppings and "recipes" for homemade popcorn! Friday night I made buffalo ranch popcorn, and it was quite tasty.



SATURDAY
Primrose woke us up pretty early, and we were up and out of bed right around 8 o'clock. I went right to making some breakfast, and this Pumpkin Pie French Toast turned out so stinking delicious! I will most definitely be making this again before fall is over. It's super simple, costs almost nothing (especially since I already had all ingredients on hand!), and taste so good. What's not to like?!


We then sat around till about noon, just snuggling with our puppy, and watching a couple episodes of "Once Upon A Time." I made our to-do list for the day, and then we finally got ourselves out of the house. We ran tons of errands, spent some wedding gift cards at Bed, Bath & Beyond, bought groceries, and even a few Christmas presents too. By the time we got home, we were pretty exhausted, so we spent the rest of the night just being lazy and relaxing around the house. We did do a few more chores such as laundry and dishes, but after I made dinner, the rest of the night was spent on the couch again :)

Check out this GIANT polar bear at Costco! I just wanna cuddle it all day long.
SUNDAY
I had a brilliant idea to make cinnamon apple pancakes, and boy did they turn out delicious! I put a peeled, sliced apple in our Ninja with some cinnamon, then just added that to our regular pancake batter. And it was so good! Jeff loved them too, and we will absolutely have those again sometime soon. Then we got dressed and went to church, followed by some more errands. We got a few Christmas decorations with some of our wedding gift cards, and grabbed a couple things from Trader Joe's.

After a quick, easy lunch of hot dogs and chips & dip at the house, we both did some chores separately, and then we both did some yard work raking up and removing leaves. Also, our property manager had cut down some trees in our yard right before we moved in, and they were still in a big pile of yard trash - so Jeff had the brilliant idea to grab out the good pieces to save for firewood, for the next time we go camping! So we fished it all out, and I stacked it under the front porch. Now we will have plenty for the next time we need to make a campfire. Perfect.

So then we needed a tarp to cover the wood, so we rode our bikes up to Harbor Freight, which is less than a mile from our house. But we decided we wanted to ride a little more, so it ended up being a much more challenging, almost 6-mile ride by the time we made it back home.


After bathing Prim, and showering too, I made chili and cornbread for dinner (which was really yummy), while Jeff folded a couple loads of laundry. Then we just vegged out on the couch for a few more hours. (Which is when I should have been writing this blog post but was too wrapped up in  watching the last few episodes of "Once Upon A Time.")
She was so cute all cuddled up on her Daddy's side! :)
All-in-all, it was a good little weekend. Lots of rest and relaxation, with a little bit of chores and exercise mixed it. And of course lots of hugs and cuddles! Sometimes those are just the kinds of weekends that you need, and it definitely was for us. Now it's Monday again, and we're back to the daily grind. It's foggy and kind of rainy here, so that makes it just a little bit worse. Hopefully the day won't pass by too slowly though, because I'm ready to be back at home again for the night with my little family!

Happy Monday & Much Love,
Halie

P.S. - Oh, and my new Social Security card came in the mail on Saturday, with my new last name! Now I get to experience the joy of going to the DMV to update my driver's license as well. And you know, change my last name on about a billion other things!


6 comments:

Miranda said...

So glad to see your blog posts popping back up in my feed again! Primrose is adorable!

Jodi Runs & Stuff said...

Primrose is adorable & I love her name! It sounds like you and the new hubs had a great weekend.

Patty said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me! Nothing is better than times like that:)

Amy @ Living n Learning said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend. It has just the right amount of productivity and laziness. Prim is so cute! I want a little dog now haha.

Jess @ Operation Skinny Jeans said...

LOL my husband did the same thing with the giant polar bear at Costco hahaha :D I love it!

Anonymous said...

I really, badly want to make pancakes now. Never made them before, or eaten American ones, so this is on my list of stuff to do in my new expat life! Nom!

Molly