Image Map

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Poolga

I found this fun new website for anyone with an Apple product. I personally have an iPhone (which I may or may not be completely obsessed with...), and I'm loving this site so far. It's called Poolga.

They have awesome artists who have designed their art specifically for these great products. You can download each picture in different formats, depending on which device you have, i.e. iPhone or iPad.

But they do a better job of describing what they're really all about, so here's a blurb directly from their website:
Poolga came to life in 2007 when we got our hands on the (then) revolutionary iPhone. Frustrated by the lack of decent wallpapers out there, we struck upon the idea of showcasing established and up-and-coming illustrators by distributing their work for use on mobile devices. Today, Poolga is one of the few online outlets flying the flag for good quality imagery - no cheesy landscapes, scantily clad babes or muscle cars here!
Poolga (pronounced "pool-gah") is the nickname that a friend used to call her baby before she was born. In Spanish "pulga" means "flea." The baby is now called Sofia.
So last week when I found these, I downloaded and saved close to 60 or so of them! I also picked out special ones and sent a few to my boyfriend, and picked out a few for my sister. And now I have TONS of awesome pictures to use as my backgrounds! Here are10 (although I had a really hard time narrowing them all down for the blog...) of my current favorites on the site. That man with the ocean beard on the top row is my current lock screen wallpaper, and the ice cream in the bottom left corner is the inside wallpaper! Both are fun and summer-y but in different ways, but I like that about them.


I really don't know anything about Android phones, but if you have one, you should probably check this out, just in case you can use them too. (Then let me know so that I can spread the word to those folks as well!) They have hundreds of pictures on the site, so I'm pretty positive when I say almost everyone should be able to find something appealing to them! So pop on over to Poolga.com for some pretty pictures on your pretty iPhone :)

Love to y'all on this extremely long Thursday...

1 comment:

Juliet said...

I love these! I used to be OBSESSED with fantasia when I was younger, love that one!