We started on Thursday night with a kick-off banquet at the church - which was awesome. My parents have been in charge of the banquet for the past 7 years, and they always do a fantastic job. This year was no exception. They matched my Jungle theme perfectly, and cooked a great meal for close to 125 kids and adults. Also, we had The Ransomed play at the event, and the rocked!
The rest of the weekend started Friday night, and was jam packed to the rim. The kids participated in Bible study sessions, free time to make t-shirts and group cheers, service projects at the church and in Frenchtown, worship rally's, recreation and they may have slept for a couple of hours each night :) Some of the highlights of the weekend were:
- Seeing so many of my students invite their friends for the weekend
- Watching the high school kids serve and sing at Breakfast in the Park
- Praying over and laying hands on each other after our service project
- Canopy Red leading our kids in worship
- Bobbing for Tootsie Rolls at Rec
- Laughing so hard at the awesome group cheers for Rec
- Getting to spend time with 65 of my youth!!